Saturday, August 28, 2010

The New Daly Mobile!

Today was truly a great day as Rochelle and I went car shopping for the first time together and although we didn't plan on buying anything.........(this is when you look down and say to yourself; "Wow, That's a great looking Car").





So after driving around all day in this beautiful 2011 Chevy Traverse, we were convinced that we had found the car we wanted. Everyone at Giant Automotive was excellent and professional, but they had not been properly trained for the "Sean Show" aka "The Negotiator"! After about an hour going back and forth and hearing from them that "This is the lowest we can go", I convinced them not only to give us the price we wanted but also to give me money for the lovely Jetta! What they don't realize is that I was willing to pay them to take the Jetta from me so I wouldn't have to look at that car anymore. And if you have never seen the Jetta, trust me when I say that you would have a better chance of selling home insurance to a homeless man than you would of selling the Jetta for actual currency.

At this point in the negotition I had realized that these people had no chance of salvaging a profit margin and that they were getting worried that I might walk out of there with a straight up trade (2000 Jetta for 2011 Corvette), so I made them upgrade our car to leather seats too! Needless to say, I'm pretty proud of myself (if you haven't gathered that yet......YOU SHOULD BE A CAR SALESMAN!) and the deal we received but in all seriousness, I'm most happy about having a car for Rochelle and Baby Daly that they will feel safe and secure in!

PS- "The Daly Mobile" was what our old Ford Aerostar Van was called, so that's an inside joke between my sister and Mom, and UNCLE JIM!

PSS- I'm sorry but my excitement in this blog sometimes manifests into the form of using way too many "Quotation Marks" and !!Exclamation Points!!!

4 comments:

  1. Ok, Dad me and Beau all read your blog together and were dying laughing!!! You are quite the blogger Sean, very impressed : ) Made it to Michigan and counting down the days til we're home and you can take me for a spin in the Camry and then the Traverse...Too many new cars to keep track of...Nice wheelin' and dealin' skills

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see you guys, we are seriously counting the hours! Drife safe and have a great time in Michigan with the fam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parts Three it teachs the Carriage unit and Safety Systems with overview on vehicle structure,safety system and its testing operations , brakes systems ,steering and suspension systems and their main components, and finally wheels and tyres , modeling real engine flow and combustion processes Finally , the engine characristics that affect SI and CI engines performance,efficiency and emission.

    ReplyDelete