Thursday, February 3, 2011

Jack Thomas Daly!!!!

Well, I guess I was a little right with my previous post.....Baby Daly was definitely coming!!

Rochelle and I are proud to announce the birth of OUR SON..Jack Thomas Daly!

Rochelle's water broke at 10:48 pm on Monday night and we rushed to the hospital and were there approximately around 11:20. She was 9 cm dilated when we arrived and she started pushing at 12:10 am.

After 20 minutes of pushing at 12:37 am on February 1st, 2011 (or as his Aunt "T" calls; 1/1/11!) out came MY SON! Beautiful Declan Thomas Daly (no that's not a type-0, you'll understand in a little bit).

He weighed in at 7 lbs 11 oz and measured 20.5 inches long.


Rochelle had absolutely no pain medicine, and didn't have your first Ibuprofen until 4:30pm the next day! She is born to have beautiful babies.....and yes, just like I knew she would.....SHE IS THE BEST MOTHER ON THE PLANET (sorry Eileen and Ronda)!


I feel like I have so much to say but I have to get one thing of my chest......................................


WHO GUESSED BOY IN THE POLL AFTER YOU ALREADY KNEW HE ARRIVED? Seriously people, that is something I would do just so I could say I was right!!!!! Congratulations to all who thought it would be a boy.


So Jack was actually named Declan for the first 3 hours of his life, and since my wife is sleeping right now and unable to argue with me; I'm going to give you the real story behind the "Changing Name" thing.


When I walked into the delivery room I thought for sure it would be a girl, but I was prepared to name a boy "Declan" and was totally content with it. Well when he came out, I thought he looked like a Jack and I told Rochelle that when the nurses were asking if we had a name. Rochelle told me that "I kinda of like Declan", so I said "then let's name him Declan". Once I said that, Declan/Jack opened his eyes at us. I thought for sure this was a sign that Declan was his name for sure (Rochelle did the same thing when her parents were trying to name her).


Well at about 2:45 am I told Rochelle that I think he looks like a "Jack" and not "Declan". At this point we had already text about 100 people that Declan Thomas Daly had arrived, so you can see where if we were going to fix this, it had to be right then.


Rochelle and I agreed that I would sleep on it and then decide in the morning, but between you and I, I had already made my mind up. We woke up and within an hour the "birth certificate lady" came in and without giving it a second thought, we named him JACK THOMAS DALY.


Jack has a real sentimental meaning behind the name and I will warn you now, that if you are not Irish you probably won't understand the following.................Jack means John and John means Sean so Jack means Sean and Sean means Jack----Follow? (you might of needed to score higher than 1600 on your SAT to figure that one out, so don't feel bad if you don't)


All my relatives from my Dad's side call me Jack. Actually even my dad calls me Jack, so naming my first son "Jack" is a way of naming him Sean without the Jr. attachment.


Thomas is my middle name (Yes, my initials are STD; so laugh all you want) and my dad's name.


In closing, all I can say is that being a Father is AMAZING! People tell you throughout this process that "everything changes" but until I held MY SON, I didn't fully understand what they were talking about.

Rochelle and I feel so blessed and happy to have this new addition to our life's and we just love Jack so much it's stupid!

Thanks for following these past 9 months on the blog and keep checking back because the updates will continue.

2 comments:

  1. I have to confess Im the one who guessed boy after Jack was already born. What can I say, I went out a limb and guessed boy. Man I love being right hahaha Congratulations to you and Rochelle, I cant wait to watch little Jack dominate in sports. Your going to make a great dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah!!!!! I can't believe he's here! What a beautiful family you are, such a handsome son you both made and I am such a proud Auntie! Great posts, love love the pictures. Beyond impressed with your wife; wow what a rock to do what she did! Enjoy every second, Kensie seems so big compared to Jack. Yay for her new cousin! Congratulations, we love you all so much

    ReplyDelete